Let our experts find your slab leak!
Slab Leak Symptoms
- The sound of running water when all water is turned off.
- A hot spot on the floor could indicate a hot water line leak.
- Cracks in walls or flooring.
- Mildew or excessive moisture under carpets could indicate your slab is cracked.
- High water bills – Although a high water bill could indicate a water leak behind the wall or in your pool, plumbing under the slab is also suspect.
Finding Your Slab Leak
Breaking into a slab or pool deck without positive confirmation of a leak location is unacceptable. Don’t let anyone dismantle your property just to search for leaks. Finding a slab leak requires a thorough process with technical expertise.
Locating leaks non-destructively requires the use of modern tools such as electronic amplification equipment and electromagnetic pipeline locators. With the proper equipment, leaks can be found and repaired with minimal disruption to property. In many cases, only a single floor tile needs to be removed and replaced.
Family Plumbing, Heating & Air, Inc.’s highly trained technicians use non-invasive leak detection equipment to accurately locate the leak to save time, money and avoid unnecessary property damage.
Slab Leak Repair Options
Once the leak has been located under the slab, our leak specialist will provide repair options. Family Plumbing, Heating & Air, Inc. strives for the least destructive method when repairing.
Repair Options May Include
- Spot Repair: open up the slab at the spot of the leak and repair leaking pipe. This option is cost effective for newer construction.
- Repipe or Reroute: replace the entire line that was leaking. This is most effective for older plumbing systems that have a history of leaking.
- Epoxy Pipe Coating: in-place pipe coating is applied through the inside of plumbing. This is mostly prescribed for a system that has a series of small leaks rendering the normal repair cost prohibitive or if it is too inconvenient to dig up the slab.